- Ak Bars is coming into this contest on a 6-game winning streak.
- Lokomotiv is coming into this contest on a 3-game winning streak.
- Ak Bars is playing the 3rd of four straight home games.
- Lokomotiv is playing the 2nd of two straight road games.
- Ak Bars last beat Lokomotiv at home on September 29th, 2013, by a score of 2-0.
- Lokomotiv top scorer Loktionov has 30 points, making him 7th overall in KHL scoring.
- Ak Bars top scorer Sekac has 27 points, but this is only good for 18th overall in KHL scoring.
Ak Bars: Anton Lander, Fyodor Malykhin, Mikhail Sidorov, Dmitri Yudin
Lokomotiv: Yegor Korshkov, Rushan Rafikov
- Forward Brandon Kozun is looking to suit up for his 100th career KHL game.
- Goaltender Alexander Salak is seeking his 100th career regular season KHL win.
- Vityaz is coming into this contest on a 2-game losing streak.
- Slovan is even coming into this contest on a 5-game losing streak.
- Vityaz is playing the 2nd of five straight home games.
- Slovan is playing the 2nd of three straight road games.
- Vityaz has already beaten Slovan twice this season, 6-4 and 3-2.
- Slovan goaltenders Ciliak and Stepanek are currently sporting a combined .896 save percentage, having also allowed 118 goals against in 34 games this season – the most in the KHL.
Vityaz: Pavel Chernov
- Forward Alexander Semin is hoping to collect his 100th career point in the KHL.