On Friday, the 7th of September, the top management of the Kontinental Hockey League attended a gathering in Moscow, and one of the items high on the agenda was the election of the Board of Directors for the tenth season of the Championship.
Within the framework of the meeting, the annual report of the Company for the 2017 calendar year was approved, the issue of the distribution of net profit was considered, and a new composition of the Board of Directors of the KHL was elected.
Under the restrictions established by the legislation of the Russian Federation on the deputies of the State Duma, Vladislav Tretiak and Vyacheslav Fetisov left the League’s Board of Directors. Therefore, Dmitry Kurbatov and Sergei Batekhin joined the League's corporate management team.
The full list of personnel elected to the League's Board of Directors for the 2017-18 season is as follows:
1. Gennady Timchenko – KHL Board of Directors Chairman, HC SKA Saint Petersburg Board of Directors Chairman
2. Dmitry Chernyshenko – Chairman of the Executive Board, KHL President
3. Valery Kamensky – KHL Development Vice-President, KHL Sporting and Disciplinary Committee Chairman, world and Olympic champion, Stanley Cup winner
4. Alexei Anisimov – KHL Chief Referee
5. Sergei Batekhin – PJSC MMC Norilsk Nickel Senior Vice-president
6. Kirill Fastovsky – KHL Executive Board Member, HC Sibir General Manager
7. Boris Korol – OAO Transneft Vice-President
8. Dmitry Kurbatov – Russian Ice Hockey Federation Executive Director
9. Jari Kurri – HC Jokerit General Manager, Member of the Board at Arena Events Oy, Stanley Cup winner
10. Nail Maganov – OAO Tatneft General Director, Chairman of the Board of Directors of OJSC TANECO
11. Alexander Medvedev – Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors of Gazprom
12. Alexei Morozov – Director of the Department for Sporting Excellence at the Ministry of Sport of the Russian Federation
13. Viktor Rashnikov – OAO MMK Board of Directors Chairman, HC Metallurg Magnitogorsk President
14. Arkady Rotenberg – Chairman of the Executive Board of the Russian Ice Hockey Federation
15. Roman Rotenberg – Deputy Chairman of the Office of the KHL President, First Vice-President of the Russian Hockey Federation, Member of Board of Directors of HC SKA
16. Juris Savickis – Itera Latvija Company President, HC Dinamo Riga Chairman of the Board
17. Igor Shunevich – Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus, Chairman of HC Dinamo Minsk Supervisory Board
18. Gennady Velichkin – KHL Executive Board Member, Hockey Operations Vice-President and HC Metallurg Magnitogorsk Chairman of the Board
19. Igor Yesmantovich – HC CSKA President